- I’m really working on getting my mileage back up. Last week I ran 13 miles Monday, 6 on Wednesday, 8 Saturday, and 6 Sunday for a total of 33 miles. Which is my highest weekly mileage in… well shit I don’t even know how long! It’s been a LONG time. As of right now I’m 18.7 miles away from hitting 100 miles for January. First time hitting that number since December 2012!
- I know from past experience that when my mileage gets this high I had better start doing some cross-training or my ass will be injured and sidelined. So in the last week I’ve dusted off the ol’ spin bike and started doing the Jillian Michaels Shred workouts. It still amazes me how little you use your glutes while running. GAAAHHHAH my ass is sore!
- I have ulterior motives for adding in the extra workouts too. I gotta shed some fat, y’all. I was really working on getting my body fat percentage down early last summer and then things got crazy when D’s mom went from battling cancer to being terminal. I put on several pounds by the time she passed away. I’ve taken them back off for the most part, but now I need to pick up where I left off last summer. It was mostly out of sheer vanity until Tiina stole this from Runners World and posted it on her blog a few days ago.
I WANT THOSE TWO MINUTES!!!!
- To aid with this, I’ve started food journaling again. I’m using MyFitnessPal. I fucking hate food journaling, but it’s effective.
- I’ve been curious for a while now, and I’ve finally taken the plunge. I ordered some Hokas. I’ve strayed from my Brooks Ghosts a few times and have always come crawling back, but I haven’t talked to a single person who didn’t like them, so I’m giving them a chance.
- I am starting to form a real game plan toward completing a half marathon in every state. It’s stressing me out. I’m not a patient person, so the fact that I haven’t registered for 43 half-marathons over the next 6 months is a total win. I’ve got a few picked out between now and June and have been researching potential contenders for several states, but it’s killing me that I can’t do them all RIGHTFUCKINGNOW!
- I’ve always thought that people that run full marathons “for fun” were a little bit unhinged, but I think I’m becoming those people. There’s a girl here in town that’s running a local marathon in March and I’ve kind of committed to running her remaining long runs with her. She asked me recently if I was gonna run the marathon. I guess it’d kinda be silly NOT to, right? It’s super tiny and won’t sell out or anything, so I won’t register in advance, but there’s a very good possibility that I’ll be running a marathon “for fun” in less than two months.