How is it that in the summer the days get simultaneously longer and shorter? In the winter, I’m usually in bed by 9. In the summer, I’m lucky to be eating dinner by 9. There’s just always so much more to do and so much more fun to be had in the summer! Take yesterday, for example. I worked till 4:30, went for a short run (short because HELLO SUMMER with your stupid feels-like 96 degrees) went to the 5:30 CrossFit class, came home and walked the dogs, took a shower, fixed a quick dinner, and sat down to eat at 8:40. Who has time for blogging when every day is like that?! It’s so much easier to throw a quick post on Instagram or Facebook. I’m only able to spare a few minutes today because I took a vacation day. Anyway, I’m using the Thursday Thinking Out Loud trend to catch up on the things I haven’t had time to blog about, so this is gonna be all over the place.
- I’ve started doing CrossFit again. I’ve been twice. Last night was the first time I’ve ever thrown in the towel and “no-scored” a workout. I went for a run before class, and during class I could NOT get my heart rate to drop below an explosive level. I’ve never felt like that before. I don’t know exactly what was going on, but my heart rate was sky high, my hearing was muffled, and I got a sudden pounding headache in my forehead. It honestly kind of scared me a bit, so I stopped in the third of four rounds. It wasn’t even a super hard WOD. Four rounds of 15 kettlebell swings/15 burpees,/15 GHD situps. I’ve done much harder, so I dunno. I’m sure dehydration played at least a small part of it.
- Things are really going well at our business. We’ve hired someone full-time to run the front office and clean the building and stuff. Taking some of that busy work off D has saved him so much time and lets him spend more time on the things that make money and grow the business. Insurance jobs are slow right now (not a point of concern–that’s an industry standard for this time of year), so he’s spending that time on his project cars instead. He just finished this one up! Isn’t she beautiful??? She’ll be for sale as soon as we get the title work back from the state, so hit me up. haha But till then I’m enjoying the shit out of driving it. I had one of my own a few years ago, and this makes me miss it!
- The dogs are enjoying keeping cool this summer.
- I sincerely hope I’m not jinxing myself by saying this, but the healing of the running injury is coming along nicely since changing physical therapists. I’m kind of pissed about all the time and money I lost with the other place, but I’m trying to just focus on the now and be glad that I’m finally getting better. Still the most I’ve run is 3.5 miles, but I’m hindered now only by loss of fitness and the heat, not by pain. It’s damn hard, y’all, to start from scratch and build any kind of base in a Tennessee summer.
- We’ve been in our house for eight years, and I guess eight years is kind of the time when everything starts to go to shit. Sheetrock nails are coming out of the ceiling, walls need sheetrock repair and repainted, carpet needs replaced, boards on our deck are warping and coming up, and our air conditioning unit just had to have a pretty costly repair. One thing at a time… The deck is at the top of my priority list because that’s kind of my summer oasis!
- I’m super excited because the bestie Michele is coming in from Virginia in two weeks! I’ve reserved her for a day. haha Two weeks from today we have a bestie date planned. Gym, mani-pedis, drinks by the pool, YES!
Is summer keeping you hopping this year?