And just like that **SNAP!**, in the blink of an eye, seven months has gone by. My last post was August 16, 2015. What the hell? I hadn’t PLANNED on a hiatus. I had no reason for one…I wasn’t burned out. I wasn’t any more busy than usual. I wasn’t off somewhere sulking in a corner. I don’t know WHAT happened, really. But I’ve missed it! For weeks I’ve been meaning to get back here and dust the cobwebs off this old thing. I’ve even come to the page a couple of times and asked myself the title of this post. I sat here with my fingers hovering over the home row, ready to pound out a post and drew a big, fat blank. I did it just now, too, but this time I just decided to roll with it. I feel like so much has happened in the last seven months, but to keep this one post from getting insanely long, I’ll do you a solid and break them down into shorter posts. Haha Maybe one for each topic. But in short, since I talked to you last I have…
- Run six half-marathons in four new states. If things had gone according to plan, I actually would have been in the car traveling to the next one right this very moment, but due to some conflicts I decided to forego this one. My next one will be the Garmin Marathon in Olathe, Kansas on 4/16. (*currently accepting applications for suitable travel partners haha)
- Gotten very serious about cross- and strength-training. I’ve been saying for EVER that I knew I needed to do it, but I finally did it. And now I kick myself every day for not doing it years ago. I have never felt better or stronger, and if you’ll allow me a moment of vanity, I’ll admit that I don’t think I’ve ever looked better either.
- Taken an awesome vacation to Florida. We go to the panhandle of Florida as sort of a farewell-to-summer getaway almost every year, but last year we mixed it up a bit and went to South Florida where epic shit ensued.
- Got a new tattoo.
- Carried out a stakeout and trap, resulting in the newest addition to our family. I now have a new feline brother.
- Nursed my girl Bella through her third (yes, THIRD) knee surgery. She’s three and a half weeks post ACL repair now, after already having undergone two surgeries in the past for a torn ACL and meniscus in the OTHER hind leg.
And well I guess that’s about it! haha It sure seemed like more before I started writing it out. That’ll give me a starting place for posting anyway! Also, when I logged into Blogger, I had approximately 4 million unread posts. There’s no way I could make my way through all of them, so I cringed and hit the “Mark All as Read” button. So if I’ve missed any huge news on YOUR blog, please catch me up!!!!!