I hate it when I let myself go so long between posts. It’s been nine days, so I know shit has happened, but so much time has passed that I don’t even remember what I wanted to ramble about, so I end up looking through my phone’s pictures and my Instagram and Facebook posts to remind myself. That’s when I end up with a post like this:
- Our damn central heat and air unit went out Fourth of July weekend. Luckily it wasn’t crazy hot that weekend or the following few days while we weighed our options. UNluckily, it was going to cost almost as much to repair it as to replace it. We’re now the proud new owners of a shiny new (FULLY WARRANTIED) unit.
- I get to mark another item off of my summer to-do list this weekend. We’re going to St. Louis Saturday for a ballgame against the Mets. Look for me. I’ll be the one wearing red. 😉
- Speaking of crossing things off lists… I’ll be knocking another state off of my 50 half marathons in 50 states goal this fall! We’ve got a Florida vacation planned for October anyway, so I checked halfmarathons.net on a whim a few days ago and there’s one in Key Biscayne (45 minutes from our resort!) two days after we get there. PERFECT! That’ll give me a total of 10 states. (It would have been 12 if my hip hadn’t taken me out of the game keeping me from running the ones in Colorado and New York I’d planned on running while I was in those two states earlier this year!)
- I joined a CSA again this year, and so far it’s been a big, fat bust. The quality of the food has been great, but the farm has just suffered a very poor yield. But that’s part of the risk/beauty of a CSA. Better that a lot of people lose out on a very reasonably priced share than for the farmer to lose his ass.
- I have, however, ended up with a butt load of cucumbers. I really want to learn how to make pickles. I’m just not sure I have the patience. I lost interest just looking at the You Tube videos.
- I just signed up as a Fabletics VIP member and got my first outfit. I love it! I’ve only just tried it on, though, so I’ll wait to do a full review after I run in it. That may be a while. Crops in this summer heat? HELL NO.
- I won a $100 Walmart gift card this week from a blog post giveaway that I don’t even remember entering. haha Score! Thanks, Kara!
- I’ve been reading more than usual lately. And by that, I mean I’ve read four books this summer: Insurgent (good), Allegiant (an unforgivably terrible ending to the trilogy), Dad is Fat (cute), and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (funny). And I just started The Martian today (so far I’m diggin’ it!)–even though I’m also currently reading Oogy (a wonderful story but very poorly written). My sister also just loaned me the first book of the Game of Thrones series. She INSISTS I give it a shot even though I keep telling her I’m not gonna like it. I’ve never watched a single episode of it, but there’s a reason for that. It just doesn’t look like something that will rock my world, but she assures me that it will. Actually, I think her exact words were, “It will ruin your life.”
- She brought me this book last weekend on our sister date. We went out to a new-to-us Chinese/Japanese joint and then watched The Gallows. Neither of our significant others like horror flicks (they freak hers out and bore mine), so that’s our thing. We always watch the scary ones together and always on the big screen. That’s the only way to watch a good scary movie!
Have you ever joined a CSA? What was your experience with it? Do you watch (or have you read) Game of Thrones? Scary movies–yay or nay? Theater or at home?