A Day in the Life

True to form, I’m a few days late to the party for this one.  This threesome of D.C. bloggers hosts a link-up every Friday with a predetermined topic.  Last Friday’s topic was “a day in the life.”  Well, I didn’t know about this until Friday afternoon, so it was a little late for me to get in on the fun, so here I am today, taking you through a typical Tuesday..

My Tuesday started this morning about 4:15 with an elbow to the ribs and a “Your dog is whining.”  A puppy bladder just can’t quite make it till the alarm clock yet.  Actually, 4:15 is the second latest she’s ever let me sleep.  It’s usually around 3:30.  So I got up, threw on a robe, and took the dogs out.  Once they are awake, there’s no going back to bed.  When we came back inside I turned the lights back out and they all laid back down, but I know from experience that when they do that if I get up to try to go back to bed they pop right up to see where I’m going.  So I just reclined in my spot on the couch, reset my alarm from 5:30 to 6:00 (after I convinced myself that I didn’t really need to wash my hair this morning.  haha), and dozed back off.  My eyes had barely closed when the alarm went off.  It’s really only thanks to the time change last weekend that I got to sleep that late.  My cat has an impeccable sense of time.  She starts demanding breakfast at 5:30 every morning, but she hasn’t caught onto the new time yet, so for now I’m getting that few extra minutes.

But at 6:00 it was up and at ’em.  Cat fed, litter box scooped, dogs fed, work clothes thrown on, teeth brushed, and face washed and painted.  C.C. supervised, as she does every morning.

2015-03-17 06.31.28

At 7:00, I grabbed my breakfast of champions and was out the door to work.

2015-03-17 06.45.18

My 18-minute drive to work is fueled by loud hard rock, complements of Sirius Octane.

2015-03-17 07.03.15

The first few minutes of my day are spent checking emails and running a few reports while sucking down very mediocre convenience store coffee.

2015-03-17 10.37.11

That’s really all I can tell you about work.  But if I had a blood pressure cuff, I would have taken a picture of that because I’m sure it would have been through the freakin’ roof within the first 5 minutes of my work day.  Yep, that place is gonna kill me.

Since I get an hour and a half for lunch and live a reasonable distance from the office, I come home for lunch every day.  Mainly to let the dogs out, but just getting out of the office for a drive mid-day is what has saved my sanity on many, MANY occasions.

It was YET ANOTHER beautiful day today, so the dogs and I just hung out in the back yard for most of the hour that I was home.  I fixed a Tofurky wrap and ate lunch on the back deck for the first time this year.

2015-03-17 11.39.33

Harley kept giving me the side eye hoping I’d drop something.

2015-03-17 11.35.45

Meanwhile, the girls were busy doing this.  I love how Bella lets the puppy take her down.  So stinking cute.

2015-03-17 11.36.01

Before I left to go back to work, I checked in on C.C. because I hadn’t seen her since I’d come home.  Yep, just as I suspected.

2015-03-17 12.07.24

Then it was back to work for a few more hours, but at 4:30…

My favorite part of the day... QUITTIN' TIME!
My favorite part of the day… QUITTIN’ TIME!

I made a quick trip into town before going home to get my tan on.

2015-03-17 16.46.54

Then it was back home and back outside to enjoy the rest of the daylight.  I took Penny out first by herself since she’s still learning the whole leash thing.  She’s really catching on to it quickly.  But she isn’t a fan of wearing a collar at all.  She keeps sitting down and scratching at it.

2015-03-17 17.22.23

2015-03-17 17.24.59

After Penny, it was Bella and Harley’s turn.  There’s just something so therapeutic about walking a dog.  Until they catch wind of something and try to pull you toward it suddenly and you put all your weight on your bum hip and twist.  Then it sucks.  But for the most part, therapeutic.

2015-03-17 17.53.26

2015-03-17 17.53.35

I checked the mail on my way in and YAY, the shirt I ordered through a fundraiser for Penny’s rescue came in today!  I love it.

2015-03-17 17.12.57

It was already almost 6:30 by the time we all came inside and I even started thinking about supper, so I opted for something quick and easy.  I fell back on a new favorite–chickpea based pimento “cheese” and tomato soup.  So fast, so easy, and so filling.

2015-03-17 19.12.16

After supper is when I typically take care of any house things that need done before I start my “unwind” time.  I cleaned up the kitchen, ran the vacuum in the living room (that’s an EVERY day thing with bermuda grass in the winter time), and folded a couple of loads of laundry, then finally washed up and changed into my weeknight uniform of yoga pants and t-shirt and started stretching foam rolling.  You know what’s more fun than foam rolling?  Foam rolling with a puppy.

2015-03-17 20.08.06

2015-03-17 20.09.17

And with that, my day is a wrap.  I’m now just finishing up this post at a little after 10pm while snuggled under my blanket on the couch with the dogs beside me and watching Modern Family reruns.  Is my life exciting or what?!  haha

3 thoughts on “A Day in the Life

  1. I love these posts! My dogs rule the house. I swear let them out a dozen times to chase squirrels while I cook supper. I need a dog door! They are great sleepers though. I can’t imagine getting up like that. BTW…my right hip is killing me. WTF.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s