- New ‘do! I used to play with the color and change it up quite often, but I’ve been the same plain brown for a few years now, only varying the shade slightly with the season. I was totally ready for a change. Something a little funky! We darkened the color and added some red streaks. I love it!
- “New” outfits! I’m trying to keep the shopping to a minimum for my winter wardrobe, so I’ve been trying to put together new outfits out of what I already have in my closet. I threw this one together last weekend and thought it was super cute–a dressy lacy tank top from Ross with an army green American Eagle button up with Michael Kors skinny jeans and knee boots. I love putting together things that don’t really match.
- New restaurant! Going out to eat as a vegetarian was no problem, but since going fully plant-based a couple of years ago I’ve found it more challenging. I’ve been saying this whole time that I wish we had more options in this area, and then I very recently found out that there’s a vegan restaurant called Living Well only about a half-hour from here! (They call themselves a “vegetarian” restaurant, but the owner said the only non-vegan thing under their roof was honey and that was only on-hand for people who ask for it with their tea.) It’s been there for THREE YEARS, and I’m just now finding out about it?! I went last weekend, and I hate myself for not knowing about it sooner. It was AMAZING!!! And SO CHEAP! I had a salad, appetizer (tofu balls), and entree (roti), and my bill was $13. I will be going back every chance I get.
- Off topic for a second…On my way home from the restaurant I passed this and had to stop to take a picture. I thought it was simply beautiful. The “southern snow” went on as far as the eye could see.
- New beer! I went to pick up some more of my favorite seasonal beer, Blackstone Brewery’s pumpkin ale, a few days ago, and this one caught my eye too. After Leinenkugel’s fall brew flops, I was a little skeptical, but I had to try it. It’s greatt!
- New iPod! My several-year-old shuffle has been gimping along on its last leg for my last few runs. It’s getting hard to get it to come on and even harder to make it stay on. I can’t stand running without music (it’s dangerous to leave me and my thoughts alone together for too long haha), so I knew I’d best be procuring backup. I know these things are pretty cheesy and old school, but if I’m gonna fall and break something or let something get ruined by rain or any of that other stuff that’s likely to happen on a run, I’d much rather it be an iPod that I bought on eBay for $40 than my Samsung phone!