There’s been some pretty fun things going on here lately that I just haven’t taken the time to share. In no particular order…
- I had the opportunity for another blogger meet-up Friday night! Kim from (Just) Trying is for Little Girls (who I’ve been following I think ever since I joined this community) and Erika from MCM Mama Runs (whose blog I really wasn’t that familiar with, but I’m still stoked to have met her and made a new connection!) were staying in a town about an hour from me while they were in the area knocking a few more states off of their lists. I drove up to meet them for dinner, and I’m just sorry that we all had to get up early the next morning and didn’t have a chance to hang out longer.
|Kim’s friends Trish and Sonya, Kim, Erika, and Moi|
- My niece turned 21 a couple of weeks ago, so we had a big cookout at my in-laws’ in celebration. There was family, booze, food, and cornhole–some of my most favorite things in the whole wide world! I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed family time, but I think my mother-in-law’s ongoing battle with cancer has made me appreciate every minute even more.
|Mariah and Dar (not pictured) totally cornholing me and D)|
- I qualified for my permit to carry concealed. I bought my first handgun about a year ago and have been shooting it fairly regularly but I just took the class last weekend. I filed my application with the state and had my background check and fingerprinting done this week, so now I’m just waiting on the permit to come in the mail. I’m excited to continue taking more advanced classes! This was just the first of many to come.
- One of my favorite employees at work retired at the end of March. I miss him so much already. He shared my inappropriate sense of humor and was always good for a laugh, and it’s just not the same without him. I’m so happy for him and his wife though. They’re enjoying themselves immensely. We threw him a little surprise retirement party last week.
|The Springville Crew–love them all to pieces!|
- And not that this was like a majorly exciting life event or anything, but we watched The Wolf of Wall Street Saturday night, and it was SO GOOD! Best movie I’ve seen in a while. Super long but damn good.
What’s the last really good movie you’ve seen? I’ve also recently watched Dallas Buyer’s Club and loved it. And Prisoners! I had never even heard of that one till someone suggested it. Excellent movie!