- I’m two weeks out from my next half-marathon, and I haven’t been this unprepared and undertrained for one since my first one four and a half years ago. I guess it’s a good thing I gave up any notion of racing this one weeks ago! I ran 9 miles yesterday, the farthest I’ve run this training cycle, and I can sum it up in two words: shit show. It’s so aggravating for my long runs to be so awful when my short runs are so great. I ran 3 miles last week at a pace 7 seconds/mile faster than my previously fastest 3 miles, which was at the end of a marathon training cycle when I was in pretty damn good shape. (And this was the first time I’ve ever run a training run with a sub-9 average!) Go figure.
- Less than 24 hours after posting about my new-found patience and level-headedness (relatively speaking haha), I had probably my most intense test. I went into a “quick lube” place for an oil change and it took them TWO FREAKING HOURS to get me in and out of there. There were only three cars ahead of me, and it’s not like there was anything going wrong… I could see them just moving at a snail’s pace! The ol’ patience was wearing a bit thin!!!
- I just ordered some new running shoes. Maybe that’ll help my long run? HA! They’re the new Brooks Cascadia 9s. The only Brooks I’ve ever worn is the Ghost line. They have been my last 5 pair of running shoes. I hope I like these as well. If not, there’s no loss, thanks to Road Runner Sports’ 90-day “wear ’em and love ’em” guarantee!
- One picture to sum up our Valentine’s Day evening.
- My mother-in-law is in Atlanta at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America this week getting a second opinion. I’ve heard such amazing things about them, and I pray that they can work their magic for her too!