- This is my 300th post. Please hold your applause. Mostly because you would look a little challenged sitting alone at your desk clapping. On second thought, go ahead. Your coworkers could probably use a giggle.
- We have baby bluebirds on our porch!
- This photo was taken last week. Not last fall. All those leaves you see on the ground? Yeah, that’s because everything here is dying or already dead from lack of rain. We got a little rain a couple of days after this photo was taken, but I’m afraid the damage is already done. Poor farmers.
- Remember Mimi from the Drew Carey Show? If she has a Mini Me, I saw her at Walmart Sunday. The sad thing is it was a CHILD, no more than 8 years old, and her mother let her leave the house looking that way. If it wasn’t so sad, it would have been hilarious.
- We saw the movie Ted Saturday night. It’s been a long damn time since I’ve seen a movie that funny! It was positively hilarious.
- A new gourmet cupcake shop opened up in town. I liked their Facebook page and posted to it asking if they had vegan cupcakes. They replied that they don’t but “hopefully in the future.” I won’t hold my breath. This IS Hicksville, after all. There’s not a huge demand for vegan fare here, so I’ll be shocked if they come through on that.
- I had THE. WORST. RUN. Sunday morning. It was 8 miles of sweat and expletives. Fucking miserable.
- I just scored a pair of Brooks Ghost 4s for $63. I guess they’re clearancing them out to make room for the 5s. I didn’t need the shoes yet. The 4s I’m running in now only have about 200 miles on them, and I’ll be able to make those last a while longer since I’ve got the Mizunos in rotation now too, but DUDE I couldn’t NOT get them for that price.
- I did this circuit yesterday after seeing it posted on the 5 Miles Past Empty Facebook page. Well, I did MOST of that circuit. My dogs decided they wanted to play, too. I hate doing mountain climbers. The dogs, however, thought they were awesome. Ever tried to do mountain climbers with one dog trying to climb under you and the other licking your face? I’m just glad they weren’t humping me.