- April and May have been positively crazy! I’ve had to prioritize where my time went, and blogging/reading blogs was the first thing to go. I logged in yesterday and saw that I had 366 unread items, so I’ve obviously missed a lot in your worlds! Obviously there’s no way I’m catching up on that, so what’s a girl to do? “Mark All As Read.” Sorry if I missed any earth-shattering announcements!
- Yesterday was my 5-year wedding anniversary.
- We celebrated said anniversary by taking a cruise week before last. (Post and pictures to follow soon!)
- Cruises are not my cup of tea. However, I have never eaten more delicious food than I ate that week.
- For the second year in a row, I came back from vacation to bad news at work. And this time, D did too. It’s been an emotional week around here.
- I didn’t get to run either the half marathon or the 5K that I was trying to decide between on 4/21. I had to work. I can’t bring myself to complain about that though. My fill-in had a family emergency. I’m sure he would have much rather been at work than planning his mother’s funeral.
- I didn’t get to run the 10K last weekend either. I’ve had the flu or some other equally unfun ailment since last Tuesday. So has D. It’s been an emotional AND snotty week around here.
- For the last couple of days, my cat has been licking her nipples incessantly. Poor little things are red and raw! I see a trip to the vet in our very near future if whatever it is doesn’t clear up STAT. Anyone else ever had anything like that happen with their feline?
- I picked up my first CSA haul last Thursday night. I’ve never seen so many greens in my life! Turnip greens, mustard greens, kale, swiss chard, bok choy, a couple of lettuces, napa cabbage… And there were a couple of other things I had never seen. I was introduced for the first time to kohlrabi and garlic scapes. This will be an interesting summer in my kitchen!