- I went from having NOTHING to say over the summer to having SO MUCH to say now but never any time to say it!
- I participated in a 10-mile race at Chickasaw State Park last weekend. I usually do a race recap, but this was simply a training run for me. It doesn’t even warrant a post of its own. The only thing I have to say about this one is HOLY HILLY HELL. My legs and glutes are STILL feeling the effects of that one. Oh, and I did have a little bit of a breakthrough during this race. I discovered that when one gets hot enough, one WILL take their shirt off and run in a sports bra and not give a FLYING RIP what anyone thinks.
- D and I are flying through Weeds on Netflix. AWESOME show.
- I fell off the vegetarian wagon Friday night. We were invited to a friend’s house for dinner, and there were ribs. RIBS, Y’ALL. Ribs that had been in the Big Green Egg since like 1:00 that afternoon. Ribs that I was watching everyone else eat. Ribs that were falling off the bone. It was torture. And I ultimately caved and ate the living shit out of some ribs.
- Today is my 32nd birthday. 🙂 I hate when my birthday falls in the middle of the week! I had planned on taking today off like I always do, but those plans fell through when HR scheduled my fill-in for out-of-town training this week. BLAH. This is the first time I’ve worked on my birthday since 2006. Not that I had any plans or anything. But that was kind of the point. We’ll do something this weekend, although I have no idea what yet. In the meantime, I’m gonna try to sweet-talk the hubs into a birthday massage tonight. 🙂 That man missed his calling. He gives the best massages!
- Over the weekend, I got online to register for the same Cupid’s Chase 5K that I ran last year. And then I saw that the registration went from $20 in 2011 to $35 in 2012. Seriously, a 75% increase???? And that’s if you pre-register! If you register on race day, the fee is $50. FOR A 5K. (For a point of comparison, I paid $55 to run a half-marathon in the same city last year.) I find that ridiculous, and I told them so. Needless to say, I didn’t register. I understand that it’s for a good cause, but come on. Every 5K I’ve ever run is for a good cause (Lion’s Club, local high school track team, fundraisers for a specific family in need), and I’ve never paid over $20 for any of them. If they’re trying to raise more money, it seems like this is a little counterproductive. Seems to me like a fee that high will scare off more runners than it will entice. It’s a total bummer, too. I’ve really been looking forward to running that race again.
- There was a picture of the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon finisher’s medal posted on their facebook page yesterday. I can’t wait to make it mine! It doubles as a bottle opener and has a detachable pendant. BRILLIANT!
- I’m kind of obsessed with Chobani’s new flavor. Who needs birthday cake???
- Remember back when everyone was having problems with blogger deleting posts just being all wonky and stuff? I never had any problems then, but blogger sure is pissing me off now. After I hit the “publish post” button, it MIGHT publish within the next day or so. It SHOWS as being published, but I had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn’t actually publishing, so I “followed” myself. And sure enough, it’s not showing up in the news feed for seeeeeeeeeeveral hours. I’ve got this one scheduled for 6:00 am Tuesday. Let’s just all see together when it actually shows up, shall we?