This time last year I posted some goals for 2011, so let’s just see how I did, shall we?
- Be happier and less stressed. FAIL. Although I’ve made some small strides here, I’m just not where I
wantNEED to be. I just cannot shake this job stress. I hate uncertainty and the unknown, and I worry every day about my future with the company.
- Decrease meat and animal product consumption. SUCCESS! I went full-on vegetarian back in July and have also drastically decreased my dairy. I love it!
- Decrease unnecessary spending. Meh… I’ll give myself a passing grade here, but I don’t deserve an A. Maybe not even a B. But I’m not gonna fret too much over it. We don’t own a credit card, we’re ahead of term on the two small secured notes we do have, and the purchases made haven’t interfered with our savings, so eff it. A splurge here and there won’t kill anyone. And besides, it’s not like I’m a big spender. When I say “splurge,” I’m talking about something like the boots I bought on sale for $60 last weekend. Some people spend that much on coffee in a week.
- Run 1,000 miles. HUGE FAIL. I didn’t even match last year’s mileage. I have no one to blame but myself. I completely lost myself this summer (in every aspect, not just running). I barely ran, and I didn’t care that I wasn’t running.
- More cross- and strength-training. FAIL. No explanation necessary. I just didn’t.
- Work on speed. I started the year off well. I set PRs in the 5K and half-marathon distance, but I didn’t reach the 2:10 half mary goal that I had set for myself. I hit 2:15 in April and I’d like to think I would have hit 2:10 this fall had I trained through the summer.
|My niece and I (What better backdrop for a graduation photo than a mildewed high school field house?)|
|Before – Deathly emaciated, flea-ridden, weak, and with a bacterial eye infection.|
|After 3 weeks – Fattened up, flea-free, clear-eyed, and couldn’t be still long enough for me to get a picture!|
September – Got my dream car!
October – CARDS WIN THE WORLD SERIES, BABY!!!!! There are photos from the Game 7 party at our house, but we’ll keep those off the internet, m’kay?
November – Trip to Virginia! Too many photos to repost–just click the link!
December – Lots of family time. Everyone was home for Christmas, including my newly enlisted niece, and it was perfect.
And now my 2012 goals:
Non-running is basically a repeat of 2011…
- BE HAPPY, DAMNIT!!! I’d give anything to have a job that was both fulfilling and paid a decent salary, but for now I guess I’ll just have to settle for the latter and ride it out as long as it will last, whether it’s until next year or until retirement. Be happy TODAY for the blessings of TODAY. Don’t worry about tomorrow because chances are it will be okay anyway. I worried every day of 2011, and nothing disastrous ever happened, so it was all for nothing. I WILL NOT spend 2012 stressing.
- Continue to decrease dairy and processed foods.
- Save a higher percentage of our combined salaries.
- Run 1,000 miles. This WILL happen this year.
- Run a sub-2:10 half-marathon. I should be able to cross this one off in March, at which point the goal will become 2:05 for the fall.
- Run a sub-27 5K.
- Run a sub-60 10K.
- Cross and strength train more! There will be absolutely no excuse not to do that because as of yesterday, D and I are the proud new owners of this
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 Pro Indoor Cycle!|
|Bowflex Revolution home gym!|