- I went shopping Saturday. Talk about aggravating! It took me forever to find a dress that was both wedding appropriate and my size. I found lots of cute dresses, but finding one in my size proved to be a challenge. I wear a 4, and everything I found that I liked was only available in a size 8 or bigger. Then I finally found this one. Cute, no?
|Ignore the bunchiness around the waist. It wasn’t zipped in this picture. And I don’t know what’s up with the coloring. My legs aren’t actually any darker than the rest of me.|
- I just started reading Harry Potter. I’m only, what, like 15 years behind?
- I registered for the St. Jude half this past Friday. It’s official now. Entry paid and hotel booked.
- My sister (remember I told you a few weeks ago that she’s doing the Couch to 5K program?) ran her first nonstop mile yesterday! HUGE milestone! YAY!
- Speaking of milestones, my niece is graduating from high school Friday night.
- So is a cousin. And I need opinions on this. What is an appropriate monetary gift for a cousin’s kid that you only see at Christmas? Am I the only one that thinks it’s tacky for kids (or I should say their parents) to send graduation invitations (a.k.a. graduation gift requests) to every Tom, Dick, and Harry?
- C.C. (the cat) has a vet appointment Thursday afternoon. She’s getting on up in years (almost 12), and I think she’s got some arthritis going on. I’ve noticed her limping, some days worse than others, and if the house is real quiet sometimes I can hear a clicking coming from her hip area when she’s walking.
- I’ve got an appointment that day too. With a dermatologist. I’ve had it with these breakouts.
- I bought a used bicycle for $20. I don’t know crap about bicycles except that they are cheaper on gas than Tahoes. I figure if I ride it the three miles to town more than a couple of times, it’s paid for itself. But before I do that,
I have toD has to put a new chain and new tires on it. And if I can find a used one cheap enough, I may buy a trainer.
- I’m pretty aggravated with work. I’m short-handed, and I CANNOT find any help. I thought I had found someone. I interviewed, made my selection, he went for the drug test, passed the background check, and he was scheduled for his initial road test last week. The day he was scheduled to take it, he called me and withdrew. So I’m back to square one, exactly where I was at the beginning of March. Nothing like wasting two months and a buttload of paperwork.
- D told me today he thinks he has an ingrown eyelash. I thought he was crazy. Then I googled it.